Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is a full-service association management, marketing, and publishing company serving the health care industry and specialty nursing associations. We are currently looking for an individual with strong administrative skills who will serve as the staff liaison for volunteer leaders and accompanying teams for one of our client nursing associations, the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN). This includes conducting day-to-day business and services, as well as assisting with implementing the strategic plan all while ensuring the smooth flow of communication throughout the office to appropriate team members.
- Provides support to AAACN CEO in all aspects of business and administration.
- Acts as the front line for all association communication with AAACN volunteer leaders and external affiliations.
- Coordinates the agenda and collection of all materials for leadership meetings and calls as well as attending and taking minutes.
- Coordinates all aspects of in-person AAACN leadership meetings: travel itineraries, agenda, board packet, hotel and other reservations as required as well as registrations and arrangements for board members and volunteer leaders representing AAACN at external meetings.
- Prepares new board member onboarding/orientation manual and provides orientation with President-Elect.
- Assists in various annual selection and approval processes as well as assessments and evaluations.
- Prepares special reports to provide data to leadership for knowledge-based decision making.
- Manages special projects, assists with external collaborations and representation at external meetings, and coordinates external contracts.
- Assists in developing the operating and conference budgets.
- Responds to member and non-member requests and coordinates appropriate replies.
- Oversees Policy and Procedure and Bylaws reviews and approval processes as well as drafts and updates policies in coordination with leadership.
- Attends Annual Conference and leadership meetings and participates in and coordinates leadership conference activities.
- Acts as staff liaison to Nominating Committee for annual election. Oversees the online ballot and election.
- Supervises, delegates to, and evaluates Association Services Coordinator (staff liaison).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with volunteer leaders, especially in an association management setting a plus.
- Professional manner, and ability to apply critical thinking and knowledge-based decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with ability to lead, motivate, and supervise others.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines and follow projects through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with a wide range of people within the larger AJJ, Inc. corporate team within the corporate structure and outside the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills, including composition, spelling, grammar, and proofreading, attention to detail, and telephone/video conference call skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products. Ability to learn specialized database systems, scheduling and survey programs, online networking platforms, as well as new technology systems and processes.
- Ability to travel to the AAACN Annual Conference and BOD meetings when held in person.
- Participate in conference calls that may occur outside normal business hours.