AJJ's own Jeri Hendrie, conference manager for several associations, has earned the Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) designation from the Convention Industry Council.
Jeri has obtained this prestigious designation for having met high standards of proficiency in meeting management as demonstrated by substantial professional experience and superior examination performance.
The foremost certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry, the CMP program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry's highest standard of professionalism.
Established in 1985, the CMP credential increases the proficiency of meeting professionals by:
- Identifying a body of knowledge
- Establishing a level of knowledge and performance necessary for certification
- Stimulating the advancement of the art and science of meeting management
- Increasing the value of practitioners to their employers
- Recognizing and raising industry standards, practices and ethics
- Maximizing the value received from the products and services provided by Certified Meeting Professionals
Through the CMP program, individuals employed in meeting management pursue continuing education, increase their industry involvement, and gain industry-wide recognition.
The requirements for certification are based on professional experience and a written examination. Over 14,000 individuals in 36 countries and territories have earned the CMP designation since its inception.
- News Item