(This is an IMMEDIATE HIRE position)
Position: Governance Manager (AMSN)
Location: Pitman, NJ
Job-Type: Full Time (8:30am – 5 pm Monday - Friday)
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ), an association management company, is seeking a Governance Manager for one of our client nursing associations, the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses (AMSN). The position will be providing subject matter expertise on non-profit governance policy, best practices, trends, and other governance matters and serve as a staff liaison to AMSN.
- Provides oversight of organizational standing volunteer units (VUs), working groups, and task forces (TFs). Manages VU staff liaisons. Coordinates and ensures periodic/annual committee reports to the association Board of Directors (BOD).
- Facilitates the work of BOD and AMSN VUs in accordance with established charges and association procedures.
- Develops and maintains policy and procedures to inform decision making of and make recommendations to BOD, VU leadership, and senior staff.
- Identifies areas for improvement for organizational governance practices.
- Ensures Board compliance with institutional bylaws; oversees bylaws revisions under the direction of the CEO, BOD and/or outside counsel.
- Manages the bylaw approval process, including oversight of external voting system vendor.
- Manages annual conflict of interest disclosure, confidentiality agreement, and intellectual property agreement processes for board members, volunteers, and staff.
- Maintains institutional records, including minutes, agendas and meeting books; ensures that the governance on-line platform libraries are current.
- Administers the annual BOD and VU nominations and selection process.
- Prepares BOD and VU meeting materials, agendas, and minutes; manages meeting schedules and communications with the BOD.
- Updates and maintains board/VU rosters and bios/headshots.
- Manages volunteer travel and coordinates logistics for in person board meetings and related special events, including coordination with AJJ meetings staff.
- Plans and implements Board and VU Member orientations.
- Oversees the preparation of the membership annual report.
- Supports the Nominating Committee in its assessment of board applicants.
- Manages and conducts annual board self-assessment.
- Assists BOD in conducting annual expertise and gap analysis of BOD.
- Assists the President in coordinating the BOD annual management firm evaluation.
- Supports the CEO in developing the annual budget.
- Participates in and helps oversee convention activities.
- Attends the National Convention for up to 6-7 days to assist with and participate in volunteer meetings, AMSN exhibit booth management, and other duties as assigned.
- Works with Director of Association Services and CEO to prepare the agenda and materials for the Leadership Summit.
Prepares and ships meeting supplies for the annual convention.
Board of Directors (BOD)
- Creates Board contact lists and distributes to directors and Director Association Services; update and redistribute as needed.
- Orders and distributes resources and other materials to support new BOD member orientations.
Works with the Conference & Events Planner and authorized AMSN travel vendor to coordinate BOD and volunteer travel for all face-to-face Board meetings; ensures hotels are secured for all face-to-face board and volunteer meetings; and plans meals and other activities as requested.
Volunteer Units (VU)
- Creates Committee contact lists and distributes to staff liaisons and Director Association Services; updates and redistributes as needed.
- Schedules and participates in VU meetings and records the minutes.
- Supports VU governance training program, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with a BOD, in association governance preferred.
- Professional and articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication and telephone skills, able to make independent decisions, free from immediate direction or supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access), Outlook, and internet applications; ability to rapidly learn new software products.
- Experience in managing individual and organizational records, report generation and functionality of NetForum Enterprise required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment.
- Ability to be effective in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills to follow assignments through to completion, with a results-based focus.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ), established in 1972, is an association management company located in Pitman, NJ. AJJ specializes in the management of health care organizations with a primary emphasis on professional nursing associations. AJJ is accredited by the Association Management Company Institute.
Apply for the position below
(This is an IMMEDIATE HIRE position)