Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ), an association management company, is seeking an Executive Director (ED) for its client, the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA), an association with over 7000 members.
The ED will be responsible for overseeing all organizational operations and working with the Board of Directors to establish strategic direction and fulfill the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; Master’s preferred
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential, completed or in progress. A commitment to study and complete the CAE required.
- Progressively responsible experience as a leader in professional associations including experience in strategic thinking/planning and leading goal related initiatives a plus
- Management or higher level administrative experience in work setting or nonprofit entity
- Can demonstrate financial management experience (e.g., develop and manage budgets, analyze financial reports)
- Experience with membership recruitment and retention
- Advanced analytical, critical, and systems development skills
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Effective in building and maintaining strong board-staff partnerships
- Strong skills in team-building, coaching, mentoring, and developing board, other volunteers, and staff
- Ability to travel to meet client needs (approximately 20% of time and may increase), including two conferences.
The person chosen for the position will be an employee of AJJ and assigned to function as the ANNA ED. The job requires a minimum of 37.5 hours per week with some weekend and evening work. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education, and the degree to which qualifications are met.
Ideally the ED will work at the AJJ office located in Pitman, NJ, approximately 30 minutes southeast of Philadelphia.
Under the association management company model, the selected candidate will be responsible to the Executive Management of the corporation as a supervisor of those employees who are fully assigned to the ANNA account and other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To receive full consideration, candidates are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible.