Association: American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN)
Employer: Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., an association management company
Location: Pitman, NJ
Job-Type: Full Time (8:30am – 5 pm Monday - Friday)
Position: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ), an association management company, is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for its client, the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN).
The CEO will be responsible for overseeing all organizational operations and working with the Board of Directors to establish strategic direction and fulfill the mission, vision, and goals of the organization.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in business, health care, nursing, education, or related field; Doctorate preferred
- Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential or commitment to obtain the CAE when eligible
- Licensed Registered Nurse preferred
- Progressively responsible experience as a leader in professional associations including experience in strategic thinking/planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Management or higher level administrative experience in work setting or nonprofit entity
- Financial management experience (e.g., develop and manage budgets, analyze financial reports)
- Well-developed analytical, critical, and systems thinking skills
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Effective in building and maintaining strong board-staff partnerships
- Strong skills in team-building, coaching, mentoring, and developing board, other volunteers, and staff
- Ability to travel to meet client needs (approximately 5% of time and may increase)
The CEO will be an employee of AJJ and assigned to function as the AAACN CEO. The CEO may also be assigned an additional smaller association based on the needs of AJJ. The job requires a minimum of 37.5 hours per week with some weekend and evening work. Employer would also consider a 30 hour per week position.
The CEO will work at the AJJ office located in Pitman, NJ, approximately 30 minutes southeast of Philadelphia.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To receive full consideration, candidates are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Those applicants selected for the interview process will be invited for a phone screen, virtual interview(s), and onsite interview at the AJJ office. All applicants will be notified of the final hiring decision.
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About AJJ and AAACN
Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc. (AJJ), established in 1972, is an association management company located in Pitman, NJ. AJJ specializes in the management of health care organizations with a primary emphasis on professional nursing associations. AJJ is accredited by the Association Management Company Institute.
The American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN), established in 1978, is a dynamic professional specialty nursing association of over 4,000 members. It is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance the art and science of ambulatory care nursing. Annual budget is $1.6 million.