The Manager of Governance and Board Services will serve as the staff liaison for the Board of Directors (BOD) and accompanying teams for one of our client nursing associations, American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN). This includes conducting the day-to-day BOD business and services, as well as involvement with the implementation of the strategic plan all while ensuring the smooth flow of communication throughout the office to appropriate personnel.
- Provides support to AAACN CEO in all aspects of business and administration.
- Acts as the front line for all association communication with BOD, AAACN volunteer leaders and external affiliations.
- Coordinates agenda and collection of all materials for BOD and Executive Team (ET) meetings and calls as well as attending and taking minutes.
- Coordinates all aspects of in-person meetings: travel itineraries, agenda, board packet, hotel and other reservations as required as well as registrations and arrangements for board members and volunteer leaders representing AAACN at external meetings.
- Posts a weekly BOD summary and maintains BOD and ET Community libraries.
- Prepares new board member onboarding/orientation manual and provides orientation with President-Elect.
- Assists in various BOD selection and approval processes as well as assessments and evaluations.
- Prepares special reports to provide data to the CEO and BOD for knowledge-based decision making.
- Manages special projects, assists with external collaborations and representation at external meetings, and coordinates external contracts.
- Assists in developing the operating and conference budgets for review/approval by the CEO and treasurer; codes and scans all invoices, then forwards to AAACN CEO for approval.
- Responds to member and non-member requests and coordinates appropriate replies.
- Oversees Policy and Procedure and Bylaws reviews and approval processes in coordination with the CEO. Drafts and updates policies.
- Contributes association news for bi-monthly newsletter and e-news, as requested.
- Attends Annual Conference and BOD meetings and participates in and coordinates BOD and leader conference activities.
- Acts as staff liaison to Nominating Committee for annual election. Oversees the online ballot and election.
- Supervises, delegates to, and evaluates Association Services Coordinator (staff liaison).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with a board of directors and/or volunteer leaders.
- Association management experience preferred.
- Professional manner, and ability to apply critical thinking and knowledge-based decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with ability to lead, motivate, and supervise others.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines and follow projects through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with a wide range of people within the larger AJJ, Inc. corporate team within the corporate structure and outside the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills, including composition, spelling, grammar, and proofreading, attention to detail, and telephone/video conference call skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products and the ability to learn specialized database system, scheduling and survey programs, as well as new systems and processes. Experience with netFORUM and Higher Logic a plus.
- Ability to travel to the AAACN Annual Conference and BOD meetings when held in person.
- Participate in conference calls that may occur outside normal business hours.