Anthony J. Jannetti, Inc., (AJJ) an association management company is actively seeking a qualified nurse to join our Education Department assigned to the role of a Director of Education Services to work with our client the American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA) in developing, administering and implementing ANNA’s educational programs.
- Serves as accredited provider program director with primary responsibility for writing the reaccreditation self-study per the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC-COA) criteria.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director regarding the education plan
- Completes the annual NARS report required for accreditation.
- Submits yearly education budget request to the Executive Director and National Treasurer for BOD approval.
- Works closely with committees and volunteers and AJJ staff to develop educational programming for ANNA’s Annual Symposium, Fall Meeting, webinars, podcasts, online learning programs, and other programs and projects.
- Facilitates communication between the Board Liaison and the Chairpersons of the Conferences and Leadership Committees.
- Works in collaboration with the Corporate Director of Education Services to ensure continuity in services.
- Master’s degree required. Either baccalaureate or master’s degree must be nursing.
- Certification in nephrology nursing preferred.
- At least five years clinical experience, with at least 3 in nephrology preferred.
- In addition, three to five years in management and/or education/professional development roles.
- Experience with the ANCC-COA NCPD accreditation criteria.
- Awareness of trends in nursing, professional development, and health care.
- Ability to assess and survey learning needs of nephrology nurses.
- Demonstrated ability to guide volunteer professional development through mentoring and experiential learning.
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating NCPD activities.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and knowledge-based decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with ability to lead, and motivate others.
- Excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines and follow projects through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and ability to communicate with a wide range of people within the larger AJJ, Inc. corporate team adhering to the company hierarchy and outside the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills, including composition, spelling, grammar, and proofreading, attention to detail, and telephone/video conference call skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products and the ability to learn specialized database systems, scheduling and survey programs, as well as new systems and processes.
- Ability to travel to meetings.
- Participate in calls that may occur outside normal business hours.